Ronemus and Vilensky represent two victims who died in their home at 1538 Plimpton Avenue in January 2012 because of a fire caused by the apartment landlord’s secret and illegal social club within the same premises. The owners of the club placed tiles on the wall with an adhesive product. Neither the Home Depot adhesive product, nor the landlord’s interior design attempt was safe and ultimately started a devastating fire that killed two people. Ronemus & Vilensky represent both of the deceased victims. Attorney Vilensky has visited the site several times.“ It is still a shock to the body every time I return to the site because the destruction is so devastating and I cannot bring back the two people that died”, he says.
Attorney Vilensky believes there was a spark in the electrical system of the building, and because of the landlord’s makeshift sound proofing of the club, the spark created an explosion that caused a violent fire outbreak. Vilensky has sued the manufacturer of the adhesive, Home Depot for selling the product, Con Edison for the original spark, the landlord of the building for using bad products without understanding that the adhesive product has a reaction to fire, and New York City for allowing the illegal premises to even exist in a residential building.
This case is still open, but Mr. Vilensky believes that he will lead a successful suit to represent the lives lost because of this terrible incident.