Our client is a relative of a now-deceased 50-year-old woman. This woman was cooking rice on her stove while wearing a robe, when her sleeve caught fire and the poor design and material of the robe caused a “chimney effect,” where the fire went up the material too quickly. The woman got in the shower immediately, but still ended up burned over 80% of her body. She was placed into a medical coma and died 4 weeks later. We believe she was still in pain while in the coma. This case settled in our favor for $2.5 million.