Our client, a healthy baby, suffered lead poisoning when he was three years old from eating chipped paint from his home. His diagnosis was that he had brain damage from the lead poisoning. About three months after his parents moved into their rental apartment the lead paint began to peel and chip. The parents made repeated complaints to the landlord after they saw their children eating pieces of the lead paint. After the child was diagnosed, the Department of Health inspected the apartment and found numerous violations of excessive amounts of lead paint on the walls. Our lead poisoning attorneys were able to conduct a thorough investigation of the premises and gain access to reports regarding other housing violations. The attorneys at Ronemus & Vilensky recovered $1 million in damages for this child.